It should come as no surprise that mobile communications are no longer the wave of the future: they are the wave of today. Here are some recent statistics:
• The number of mobile devices in use will jump from over 7.7 billion in 2014 to over 12.1 billion by 2018. (Source: The Radicati Group, Inc., February 2014)
• In 2014, for the first time ever, time spent on mobile apps exceeded desktop web access (Source: Marketing Charts)
• Over 50% of total email opens occurred on a mobile phone or tablet in Q3 2014. (Source: Experian “Quarterly email benchmark report [Q3 2014]”)
And last, but certainly not least:
• 64% of employees rarely use enterprise mobile apps because of poor user experience. (Source : Forrester)
When we developed XM Fax® one of our predominant concerns was to offer users an elegantly simple way to send and receive faxes from the entire range of communication tools, including desktop and email clients, web-browser interfaces, MFPs and mobile devices. With each revision and upgrade, making the user experience even better has been a priority.
What constitutes a better user experience? Certainly functionality is an essential part of the equation. Is the fax solution comprehensive and versatile enough to address all the user’s needs, whether for communication, tracking or security? Does it improve productivity? Does it enhance rather than impede the workflow? From the user experience perspective, is it simple, easy and enjoyable to use? Does it make your work life easier? Is it intuitive–does it do what you want it to do in the way that you want it to?
All these considerations were top of mind when we designed the XM Fax® for iPhone and iPad app.
First and foremost, the app allows users to fax documents anywhere and at anytime without the need for a fax machine, a computer or phone lines. And we designed it so that faxing from a mobile device is as simple as sending an email. Unlike email, though XM Fax® for iPhone and iPad provides the highest levels of security which enables compliance with the full range of regulatory and compliance mandates.
We also created an easy-to-use touchscreen interface to optimize the faxing experience. With this interface, users can:
• Transmit documents to the same fax numbers they have always used
• Fax legal documents upon signature
• Select documents from virtually any mobile file management application, such as GoogleDrive and DropBox
• Use the embedded camera in the iPhone or iPad to scan documents to be sent
• Fax documents from within any other mobile application that can export PDF, MS Word or image files–or any other format supported by the fax service
Moreover, in response to expressed user needs, we have provided flexible options for selecting fax recipients–users can select existing contacts, for example, or enter new contacts on the fly.
Finally, we included enterprise grade features that provide a variety of easy-to-configure fax options, from personalized cover sheets and delayed faxing to notifications and tracking.
In short, our goal has been to make faxing from a mobile device as versatile, secure and easy as faxing from a desktop or web browser.
With XM Fax® for iPhone and iPad, we’ve tried to create the perfect mobile complement to our XM Fax® on-premises and cloud solutions.