XMedius Solutions Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “XMedius”) respect the privacy of your personal information and is committed to protecting it and using it solely for the purposes for which it was collected.
- SCOPE AND APPLICATION
- WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW IS THE INFORMATION STORED AND COMMUNICATED
- HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
- GENERAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
The term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies any individual, such as name, date of birth and email address, and any other information that is required by applicable law to be treated as “personal information”.
2. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- to allow the user to access and use the Website properly and to successfully conduct our business;
- to address any inquiries, requests or problems which are brought to our attention, including for the purposes of troubleshooting, supporting, optimizing and investigating security events on the Website or restoring data loss;
- to evaluate, optimize and improve the content and features of the Website as well as the features of our products and services;
- to contact you in relation with an inquiry or request you made, about your experience with the Website or notify you about company news and promotions
- to track your use of the functionalities of the Website.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
While you are accessing and using the Website, your device’s operating system and unique ID, IP address, access times, MAC address, location and language may be logged automatically.
XMedius may also collect certain data regarding your use of the Website, such as the features used or the sections navigated, or any other data to identify the operating system of the device that you are using. This data cannot be used to identify you personally.
This information may be stored locally on the device you are using and may be communicated to XMedius for website analysis, statistics, web profiling and retargeting purposes in order to improve the Website and its features, and in certain cases to do promotions and advertising on other Websites.
4. HOW IS THE INFORMATION STORED AND COMMUNICATED
XMedius keeps your information for a period of time it deems reasonable either to providing you proper access to the Website, completely address any of your inquiries or to fulfill identified purposes, or in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer, but for no longer than 2 years. Once your information is no longer required to be kept, we ensure it remains anonymous or destroy it in a way which ensures protection against unauthorized access or communication.
We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of XMedius without your consent, except for the following and only if such third party has in place appropriate safeguards that ensure at least the same level of security than ours:
- our providers whose services have been retained to carry out duties on our behalf (e.g. data processing). XMedius takes the necessary means to ensure that these third-party providers process your information for the sole purpose identified by XMedius;
- any entity resulting from a merger, a corporation reorganization or change in control of XMedius, in whole or in part;
- any public authority if the law so requires, to defend our rights, or otherwise in compliance with the law. In the event where XMedius is required to divulge information or to provide a copy of such information to a governmental authority under law or pursuant to a court order, XMedius will attempt to notify you beforehand, to the extent, however, that it is legally authorized to do so.
We do not sell available personal information to third parties. We use collected information exclusively for our internal and marketing purposes, where applicable.
All data is stored on servers with high-security safeguards, protected against misuse and access by unauthorized individuals. We endeavor to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities. Any information is only made available to individuals (employees or agents) who require access to such information to carry out their responsibilities.
Unless otherwise agreed upon to, all data collected through your use of the Website will be stored on our servers in Canada, which jurisdiction notably currently has adequacy status with the EU. The data may be handled by XMedius third-party service providers to carry out duties on XMedius’ behalf provided that appropriate specific safeguards are set.
While XMedius takes reasonable means to protect your privacy, please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure and thus XMedius cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during the transmission or storage on its systems or of its subcontractors. XMedius cannot warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
Cookies may or may not be authorized by the settings on your Web browser. XMedius uses two types of cookie files: “session cookie files” and “permanent cookie files.”
“Session cookie files” are temporary files that are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They are not kept nor communicated to third parties. Session cookie files are designed to help improve your user experience on XMedius Website.
“Permanent cookie files” remain active after you have visited our site. These files are used to identify your browser from one session to the next, to simplify your browsing, fill form fields automatically, collect statistical information on the use of the XMedius Website, and in certain cases to do promotions and advertising on other Websites. It is, however, important to note that our cookie files are not linked to your personal information. Consequently, they do not allow you to be identified as an individual, but only recognize that yours is the same Web browser that has already visited our site.
Most Web browsers allow you to delete cookies from your computer’s hard disk, to prevent cookies from being recorded on your hard drive, or to receive a warning before they are recorded. If you delete or disable cookie files or prevent them from being recorded, your use of or ability to access certain functionalities on our Website may be affected. Please see the instructions concerning your browser or its “Help” section for further information on how to delete or disable cookie files or prevent their recording.
By using the XMedius Website without deleting or disabling cookie files or preventing them from being recorded, you implicitly consent to the collection, use and communication of the information (whether personal or not) required to implement these functionalities.
8. GENERAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights with respect to the personal information XMedius collects: (i) right to know and access your personal information collected by XMedius and obtain communications with regard to purposes for which your personal information is processed, (ii) right to update or rectify your personal, (iii) right to erasure of your personal information, (iv) right to object to processing of your personal information by XMedius, (v) right to portability of your personal information.
Address : 275 Frank Tompa Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 0A1
We will do our best to treat your request promptly. Please note that we may sometimes deny your request under relevant laws.
Effective Date: 2020-11-01